Re: [AMBER] Problem regarding sccdftb not converging

From: Thakur, Abhishek <axt651.miami.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 16:07:04 +0000

Hi Amitosh

What you can do is try using

dftb_telec= 100K and gradually increase it if still there is convergence problem.

Electronic temperature, in K, used to accelerate SCC convergence in DFTB calculations. The elec- tronic temperature affects the Fermi distribution promoting some HOMO/LUMO mixing, which can accelerate the convergence in difficult cases. In most cases, a low telec (around 100K) is enough. Should be used only when necessary, and the results checked carefully. Default: 0.0K

Along with this you can also increase the number of cycles and see if helps in convergence.

With regards,

Abhishek