Re: [AMBER] using boundary information from previous run

From: Hirdesh Kumar <hirdesh.iitd.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 10:53:31 +0200

Thanks Dan and Dac!

.Dan: I checked the prmtop file specification (
http://ambermd.org/formats.html) for BOX_DIMENSIONS and it says:

  OLDBETA : periodic box, angle between the XY and YZ planes in
              degrees.

*This is now redundant, as it is present in the
              inpcrd files. It is ignored here.*

Does it mean that even if I dont change these values in prmtop file then
also it is fine because I have modified the last line of restart file from :
90.0 to 109.4712190?

.Dac: My restart file is netcdf formatted so I can not visualize it using
vi editor. As an alternate, I generated the inpcrd file and checked the
last line.

The last line of my original restart file (copied from inpcrd file which I
generated using tleap):
* 85.0300000 85.0300000 85.0300000 109.4712190 109.4712190 109.4712190*

The last line of the inpcrd file which I generated after 26ns:
* 85.058 85.058 85.058*

So it is not identical but similar values. What does it mean?

Thanks,

Hirdesh

*​*********************************************
​Hirdesh Kumar
PhD (Molecular Parasitology), MS (Pharmacoinformatics), B. Pharm
AG Frischknecht
*​Parasitology - Center for Infectious Diseases*
*​University of Heidelberg Medical School*
*​Im Neuenheimer Feld 324*

*​69120 HeidelbergGermany*

​Lab number​
: