Re: [AMBER] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:53:28 -0400

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016, shahab shariati wrote:

> After using "mpirun -np 8 $AMBERHOME/bin/sander.MPI -O -i min.in -o min.out
> -p comp_sol.prmtop -c comp_sol.inpcrd -r min.rst -ref comp_sol.inpcrd -inf
> min_info",
> *** Process received signal ***
> Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
> Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
> Failing at address: 0x7f63add2b628

Usual sort of debugging:

(I'm assuming here that the serial and parallel sander tests are passing: that
is always the first thing to check.)

1. Look in the min.out file: that is where any error messages will reside;
    Pay special attention to see if it looks like the job actually finished,
    but just failed to print the final timings.

2. Run a test using sander, not sander.MPI -- will help decide where the
    problem lies.

3. Run a test with pmemd rather than sander.

> Is Segmentation fault related to following lines in " saveamberparm LIG
> lig.prmtop lig.inpcrd "?
>
> 1-4: angle 33 62 duplicates bond ('triangular' bond) or angle ('square'
> bond)

No.

....dac