Re: [AMBER] invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.

From: Pooja Kesari <pkesari88.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:17:42 +0530

Dear David,
My parameters are
molecular dynamics production run

 &cntrl

  imin=0, ntx=5,irest=1,

  ntb=2,cut=10.0,

  ntp=1,

  ntc=2,

  ntf=2,

  ntt=3, temp0=300.0, gamma_ln=2.0,

  nstlim=5000000, dt=0.002,taup=2.0,

  iwrap=1,ioutfm=0,

  ntpr=1000, ntwr=50000, ntave=1000, ntwx=1000,

  ig=-1,

 /

my prod_complex-solv.out file says

| MPI Timing options:
| profile_mpi = 0

 (NTB /= 0 && NTP /= 0) but IFBOX == 0

 This combination is not supported

 *** input error(s)

Can you please suggest something??

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 6:39 PM, David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2016, Pooja Kesari wrote:
> >
> > *I m trying to run a production run*
> > mpirun -np 8 sander.MPI -O -i prod.in -o prod_complex-solv.out -p
> > complex-pose8.prmtop -c protein_solv-equil.rst -r protein_solv-prod.rst
> -x
> > prod.mdcrd -ref protein_solv-equil.rst
> >
> > *However my program is terminating with an error*
> >
> > MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
> > with errorcode 1.
>
> You need to look in the output files for indications about the error
> messages.
> The above message just says that the job failed.
>
> With sander.MPI, try to see if the problem occurs right at the end (after
> the
> MD is finished, and while the program is trying to print the timings on
> various nodes...we've seen some problems with some MPI's on that.
>
> If possible, run with pmemd.MPI instead of sander.MPI.
>
> ...dac

Thanks & Regards,
Pooja Kesari
Research Scholar