Re: [AMBER] Plot activesite water vs time.

From: mmaestre <mmaestre.gate.sinica.edu.tw>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:15:46 +0800 (CST)

Hi Saman,

histograming is just another function of cpptrag, check the hist and hist2d commands. Basically, when you have a given criterium for which you want to study the population behavior of your system (say for example, your system may exist in a hydrated or de-hydrated state), you can define a dataset by giving it a name on cpptraj, and then ask the hist command to produce a population graph (histogram) based on that population.
For example, say you have a dataset telling you the number of waters in your pocket for each snapshot, and you have called this dataset "waterinmypocket". Now, by plotting the dataset you might notice that the most waters you have is say 10, the least is 2. Then, you may ask hist to plot a histogram with the following command:
hist waterinmypocket,2,10,1 out waterinmypockethist.gnu

This will produce a histogram based on you dataset waterinmypocket, which will have a range of 2-10, will separate the bins (subsections) in steps of 1 (i.e. 2 waters, 3 waters, ... , 10 waters), and output all of it into a gnuplot readable file called waterinmypockethist.gnu. If your system is trully in two unique states, you should see two humps on your histrogram.

Manuel