Re: [AMBER] A refresher on how non-bonding terms are represented in a topology file.

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:09:14 -0400

Hi,

I'll do my best to answer these questions - corrections from others are welcome.

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 1:10 PM, Christian Schafmeister
<drschafmeister.gmail.com> wrote:

> QUESTION #1: The excluded atom lists are indices into the atom tables in increasing numerical order?

I think so, yes (related to #2).

> QUESTION #2: The excluded atom list only includes indices (j) where j>i for atom_i?

Yes.

> QUESTION #3: Excluded atoms are 1-2 (stretch) and 1-3 (angle) interactions What about 1-4 (dihedral) interactions, are they in the EXCLUDED_ATOMS_LIST or not?

Yes 1-4 interactions are excluded.

> QUESTION #4: Is there anything important I’m missing about non-bonded interactions? Magical negative indices or values or something that have special meaning?

A negative index in NONBONDED_PARM_INDEX means HB term, otherwise it's
a LJ term (mentioned in the docs).

-Dan