[AMBER] fixing concentration in implicit solvent simulation

From: Chitrak Gupta <chgupta.mix.wvu.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:12:48 -0400

Hi Amber users,

I am setting up a simulation with multiple peptides in implicit solvent. To
fix the concentration, I am trying to use a flat-bottom harmonic potential
where the flat region will define the box dimensions. What I am not sure of
is:

1. Do I use the NMR restraints R1-R4? In that case, is there a way to get
the potential to continue to be harmonic (and not flatten out) beyond R1
and R4?

2. These NMR restraints are typically defined as distances, whereas I need
them to be positional restraints. Is there a way to achieve positional
restraints with flat-bottom harmonic?

Thanks in advance.
Chitrak.