Re: [AMBER] Installing amber tools on ubuntu

From: chandan patel <chandanz.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 04:00:22 +0530

Hi,

Yes! you do need the compilers. So gnu compilers like gcc gfortran etc
should be installed.

In addition you will also require some additional packages and an internet
connection if you want to install patches automatically.

You can follow Jason Swails' instructions here:

http://jswails.wikidot.com/installing-amber14-and-ambertools14

And as Bill said it would be easier to answer questions to specific queries
with sample input and output.

Best,
chandan

On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 1:50 AM, Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu> wrote:

> What instructions are you following, and what is the first step that
> failed? Please paste samples of output that leads you to draw any
> conclusions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill
>

> On 9/17/16 1:07 PM, neelam wafa wrote:
> > Hello!
> > I am trying to install amber tools 16 on ubuntu and facing many problems.
> > Do I need to install all the C, C++ and Fortran 90 on ubuntu before
> > installation. Please help me out. I am new to ubuntu as well.
> >
> > Thanks.

....for afterwards a man finds pleasure in his pains,
when he has suffered long and wandered far.
                       -Homer