Re: [AMBER] Follow up

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 10:13:40 +0100

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016, Mochena, Mogus D. wrote:

> I am trying to simulate a double - stacked beta sheet that involves
> thousands of atoms. It has repeating units in it, except for minor
> modifications at the boundaries. Instead of calculating the thousands of
> atoms of something repeating, I wanted to idealize the system, i.e make
> it infinite in size, so that I could use a unit cell or supercell with
> much fewer atoms.

Amber doesn't support infinite chains: there cannot be covalent bonds between
atoms in different unit cells.

I'm pretty sure CHARMM avoids this limitation; don't know about other MD
programs. Since you are planning to do QM, you might consider periodic QM
codes--depends on how many atoms are really in your repeating unit.

...dac