Re: [AMBER] Potential Energy in 3D-RISM

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 15:07:03 -0700

Hi Maksim,

In this case the manual is correct and the code is wrong. The factor of 0.5 is need for the internal energy of the total system or some component of the system (e.g., the solute energy) to account for double counting. For the solute-solvent energy, there is no double counting and the factor should be omitted. For a relevant reference, see

H.-A. Yu and M. Karplus, The Journal of Chemical Physics 89, 2366 (1988).

I’ll attempt to get a patch out soon. In the mean time, please delete the factor in the code and recompile.

Thank you for finding and reporting this error.

Tyler