[AMBER] On the simulation of phosphate ions in water solution

From: Casalini Tommaso <tommaso.casalini.chem.ethz.ch>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 08:49:56 +0000

Dear Amber users and developers,
I would like to simulate phosphate ions in water solution (hydrogen phosphate and dihydrogen phosphate) in order to reproduce PBS environment for siRNA characterization.
For this purpose, I obtained atomic charges through RESP formalism (ESP computed at HF/6-31G* level of theory).
I used atom types and parameters taken from leaprc.phosaa10 and frcmod.phosaa10.

I would like to know if such parameters are suitable for the simulations of those ions (I can imagine that polarization effects can play a role).
I also observed ions clustering, and I think it can be an artifact. I tried to look for articles concerning this problem, but I was not able to find something useful.
Have you some suggestions?
Thanks a lot in advance,
Tommaso

Tommaso Casalini, PhD
Post Doctoral Fellow
ETH Zurich
Institute for Chemical- and Bioengineering
Morbidelli Group, HCI F137
Vladimir-Prelog-Weg 1
8093 Zurich, Switzerland
tommaso.casalini.chem.ethz.ch<mailto:tommaso.casalini.chem.ethz.ch>
Phone: +41 (0)44 632 61 83