Re: [AMBER] Question about QM/MM

From: Fabrício Bracht <fabracht1.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 14:46:06 -0300

Hmmm. Glad to hear that. It makes life a bit easier. Now, I posted a
question yesterday on the list asking about the use of shake on qm regions.
I understand that it might seem like a very naive question, but it
something to do with what we are talking now. Would it be wrong to assume
that the only atoms that need not to be shaken are the ones involved
directly in the reaction? I know that once you specify the qm atoms and
state qmshake = 0 you cannot use shake on any of those atoms. The
noshakemask has to list all the atoms in the qm region, right? But, what
would happen if you applied restraints to all the atoms that are not
directly involved in the reaction.
I ask this, because I have noticed that, sometimes, a hydrogen from a
carbon that is adjacent to the group participating in the reaction (for
example, HB2 linked to CB2 next to the reacting carboxylate of a aspartate
residue) is the one that explodes first.

Fabrício