[AMBER] QMMM simulation with user-specified basis set in amber

From: <zycz138.126.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 11:31:59 +0800

Dear Amber developers,

I wanted to performed a MD simulation by QM/MM method. As the binding site of my protein has a metal ion Fe2+, I decided to use external program gaussian 09 to treat my QM region (ligand and metal ion) by b3lyp and user-specified basis set (In gau input text, we use “genecp” as a keyword). Element C, H, O and N will use 6-31g(d,p) and Fe2+ will use lanl2dz. I know I can use gau_job.tpl by setting “use_template = 1”, but I don’t know how I can designate the elments as the corresponding basis set in that tpl file.

#P B3LYP/genecp* SCF=(Conver=8) ?

In gaussian input file, we use the fomat as following:
………………………………………………………………………………………………
opt b3lyp/genecp nosymm

Cartesian coordinates

C H O N 0