Re: [AMBER] Fwd: MD stop at different time period without giving any error

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 07:35:05 -0400

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016, Garima Singh wrote:

> MD stop at different time period without giving any error

Are you using a queueing system? Sometimes they send errors to strange
places. Are you running in parallel? Same type of problem...failures on
nodes other than the master node can sometimes get lost.

> | Estimated time remaining: 167.1 hours.

Any chance you are hitting some time limit on your system? I generally run
jobs of about 24 hours each, and stack several such jobs together in a single
bash script. That way, I'm not expecting a single run to last for a week.

> and when i restart same simulation using sander mpi it is again stop at

Consider switching to pmemd.MPI: it will generally be much faster than
sander.MPI, and you seem to be running very long simulations.