Re: [AMBER] changing atom type

From: Hai Nguyen <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:41:22 -0400

I am not 100% positive about this but you can try to write Python script
and run parmed (python my.py)

$ cat my.py

import parmed as pmd
parm = pmd.load_file("old.parm7")
# suppose your H is 1st atom
atom = parm.atoms[0]
# add you stuff here
atom.name =
atom.type =
atom.atomic_number =
atom.charge =
parm.save('new.parm7')

# more info about Atom:
http://parmed.github.io/ParmEd/html/topobj/parmed.topologyobjects.Atom.html

make sure to double-check your saved parm

Hai