[AMBER] concerns on membrane protein restrain

From: Albert <mailmd2011.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 20:39:35 +0200

Hello:

I built a homology model for membrane protein MD simulation. I would
like to restrain the backbone of the protein. However, I am going to
study the dimerization of this protein and I don't want to restrain the
drifting of this protein, otherwise they would never forms a dimer
spontaneously.

According to my experiences, if we add position restrain to the protein
backbone, probably the overall protein will stay in the same place
forever. It won't drift to somewhere else.

I am just wondering what we can do?

Thank you very much

Albert