Re: [AMBER] RMSd

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 23:18:53 -0700

When you wish to fold a protein, you require that the RMSd be high
eventually. Additionally if you are simulating a long chain in vacuum,
you can expect RMSd to start accumulating immediately.

I am not sure what tutorial you are looking at. You may want to do some
general research on protein folding if you haven't, because vacuum
folding is not a method in practical use that I have heard. You may want
to consider a Born solvent approximation as a minimal step up in any
case. It is so quick to run these calcs it would almost be foolish to
avoid them, since they get one off to an inspiring start.

Bill