Re: [AMBER] Amber 16 Installation

From: Corum, Katharine W <katharine-corum.uiowa.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 19:39:56 +0000

Hi, Have you gotten it to install yet? I recently installed Amber on CentOS. I did need to install some additional compilers as the manual states. After I used the command below I was able to do ./configure gnu with no problem.

3. Next, you may need to install some compilers and other libraries. Details depend on what OS you have, and
what is already installed. Package managers can greatly simplify this task. For example for Debian-based
Linux systems (such as Ubuntu), the following command should get you what you need:
sudo apt-get install csh flex gfortran g++ xorg-dev \
zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev patch python-tk python-matplotlib

Thanks,

Katie