Re: [AMBER] ff99SB*-ildn again

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 16:45:45 +0200

I think all I wanted to say is that my approach would be to use as many
tests as possible to make sure programs are doing what you want them to
do, no matter which kind of programs. Simply "trusting" is not a good
option in my opinion ... Programs (even those tested carefully) can
have bugs that may manifest only on a specific system because of not
obvious reasons ... In the case of Gromacs versus Amber topologies,
identifying and understanding the unavoidable differences is important,
can be done through testing, and can give confidence that subsequent
simulations are not subject to any input artifacts ...

Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory