Re: [AMBER] rism1d convergence for solvent mixtures

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 22:18:25 -0400

Hi Shijie,

Though I haven’t tried myself, I suspect that it will be very difficult to converge water/methanol mixtures with all-atom models.

I suggest using a united atom model for methanol. Adjust the LJ parameters on the united atom methyl group until you get reasonable results for pure methanol. What is reasonable depends on what you are interested in. It could be compressibility or the radial distribution function, for example. Try mixtures after you have this working.

For strategies for difficulty to converge models, see the end of section 7.4.1 in the manual.

Also note that the default units for density are M. You have a very low density in your input file.

Hope this helps,

Tyler