Re: [AMBER] Amber16 tutorials

From: Corum, Katharine W <katharine-corum.uiowa.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 15:26:02 +0000

Thank you, it worked perfectly!

________________________________
From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 10:23:46 AM
To: AMBER Mailing List
Subject: Re: [AMBER] Amber16 tutorials

OK - as previously mentioned this tutorial is unfortunately out of
date, so you'll have to do a bit extra - it's not impossible though.

First, if you haven't already you should read the introductory chapter
for LEaP in the Amber 16 manual to become familiar with how LEaP does
things. LEaP works with units - to see a list of what units are loaded
type 'list' at the LEaP command prompt. If you load
leaprc.protein.ff14SB, you'll see a lot of amino acid residue units
(e.g. ALA, TRP, etc), but no solvent. That's because solvent/ions are
now loaded via leaprc.water.X files. So just prior to the 'solvatebox'
command, type

source leaprc.water.tip3p

Then type 'list' - you should now see TIP3PBOX listed as a unit (among
other things like ions). Now your 'solvatebox' command should work.

Hope this helps,

-Dan