Re: [AMBER] MCPB.py cannot recognize Cl

From: zoran matovic <zmatovic.kg.ac.rs>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 08:12:58 +0200

Hi,
Pengfei is giving u the best advices when MCPB.py is in question. However,
in my opinion you should upgrade ambertools to ambertools16. There are so
many reasons to do it. It is much improved and python packages and libraries
are all (this time) in amber directory. You can leave old amber14 and
install separately ambertools16 in /home/zhengyu/amber16/ dir. I think that
MCPB.py has the updated version in ambertools16 and some important python
pack. (nympy, scipy,..) are installed along with ambertools16.
You may still use amber14 (if u have it) if u want to run pmemd.

If u decide to install ambertools16 (suppose that u already have properly
installed any valid mpi program) here is the Ross's suggestion for install:

Change the path for AMBERHOME in your .bashrc file (say instead of
AMBERHOME=/home/zhengyu/amber14 change to the right path for example
AMBERHOME=/home/zhengyu/amber16). Place the tar ambertools16 file in your
home dir.

cd /home/zhengyu
tar xvjf AmberTools16.tar.bz2
cd $AMBERHOME
./update_amber --update

./configure gnu
(say yes if it asks about python download)
make -j8 install
make clean
./configure -mpi gnu
make -j8 install