Re: [AMBER] Regarding GIST calculation

From: Steven Ramsey <vpsramsey.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 10:12:03 -0400

Hello Atul,

The total orientational entropy for your system is pretty high, I would
figure this is likely due to your selecting 1000 frames. The orientational
entropy calculations in GIST are not well converged until about 30000
frames of sampling. This under-sampling can reasonably lead to
unrealistically high entropy values thus giving a system sum that seems
incredibly high (1837).

The energy is a different problem, the energy calculations in GIST converge
pretty quickly, however there is a known bug where if the user submits a
system that has been aligned the energy function spits out high energies.
Here is a previous post regarding this issue that may have more detail:
http://archive.ambermd.org/201508/0155.html

If your system is not aligned or un-restrained, then there is something
else afoot and I would want more information to determine where the issue
is, but thus far we have seen high energies when dealing with unrestrained
systems (bug).

Hope this helps,

--Steve