Re: [AMBER] Magnesium ion in AMBER

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 10:36:15 -0400

Hi Shreeramesh,

In AmberTools16, the recommended divalent ion parameters can be loaded together with the specific water model through the water model cmd files (with names as leap.water.* ). However, as Dave said, it is challenging to model divalent ions accurately. You can try the 12-6-4 model if interested, which may offer improved results than the 12-6 model. Here is a tutorial for modeling ions in AMBER: http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/ <http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial20/>.

Kind regards,
Pengfei