Re: [AMBER] adaptive qm/mm NVT not reaching target temperature

From: Dr. Andreas W. Goetz <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 16:45:50 -0700

Dear Stano,

I can’t spot anything that seems obviously wrong with your procedure and input file. The temperature at the beginning of the adaptive qm/mm trajectory should be the same as in the restart file. Differences due to changing the potential from mm to qm in a small region should then be rather small. In any case the thermostat should push it to your target temperature.

Have you tried with fixed number of molecules in the transition region - do you get a different behavior? Have you tested this with the built-in semiempirical methods? These are quick and convenient for figuring out reasonable numerical settings. PM3-MAIS is a pretty good potential for water but it should work with any qm method. If you send me your input files (off the mailing list), I can have a closer look.

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
Assistant Project Scientist