Re: [AMBER] Protein moving out of the water box

From: Arati Paudyal <apsilwal123.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 09:32:51 -0400

Prof. David,

Thank you for your input.
Based on your suggestion I visualized the protein complex AB, especially
the dangling C Terminus of A and it turns out that the tail come in really
close contact with the protein B (in complex with protein A). There are
around 4 -5 residues from the tail that is coming into contact with
neighboring complex. I don't know how much of that is going to be the
problem.

This is 80ns simulation. Previously I have run the same simulation for 60
ns with everything same but with lower restraints (50 for 60ns and 100 fro
80ns) during minimization and I included iwrap for 80 ns. I visualized
results from this 60 ns simulation and it is fine. Proteins don't move that
much and the dangling end never comes in close contact with neighbors. For
both simulation I used TIP3PBOX 12.0. I am just surprised how much the
protein moved during the 80ns simulation. Could you please suggest me some
appropriate steps from now onward? I spent about a month to get results
from this simulation and I got stuck here.

I would really appreciate your suggestions int his regard.

minimize water-only
 &cntrl
  imin=1,
  maxcyc=10000,
  ncyc=5000,
  ntmin=1,
  nmropt=0,
  ntpr=100,
  ntb=1,
  cut=10.0,
  ibelly=0,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-238 & !.H=', restraint_wt=100.0,
 /

minimize everything
 &cntrl
  imin=1,
  maxcyc=10000,
  ncyc=5000,
  ntmin=1,
  nmropt=0,
  ntpr=100,
  ntb=1,
  cut=10.0,
  ibelly=0,
  ntr=0,
 /
Heat
 &cntrl
  imin=0,irest=0,ntx=1,
  nstlim=500000,dt=0.002,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  cut=10.0, ntb=1,
  ioutfm=1, ntxo=2, ntpr=5000, ntwx=5000, ntwr=5000,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=1.0, ig=-1
  tempi=0.0, temp0=300.0,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-238', restraint_wt=10.0,
  nmropt=1,
 /
 &wt TYPE='TEMP0', istep1=0, istep2=500000,
  value1=0.0, value2=300.0, /
 &wt TYPE='END' /

Prod
 &cntrl