Re: [AMBER] Protein moving out of the water box

From: Arati Paudyal <apsilwal123.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 20:21:33 -0400

Hai,

thank you again for your reply. That tutorial was really helpful.
So I did the autoimage and visualized the protein in VMD with no luck. I
didn't even see any difference before and after autoimage. So I guess I am
stuck with this simulation.

I have run the same simulation before for 60 ns BUT with iwrap. It was fine
and the protein stayed inside water boundary. With iwrap the waterbox looks
really good rectangular shape and I guess the image quality is also better
but now this problem.

My protein complex looked ok and they stayed intact for the entire
simulation. The protein-protein interaction part always remained inside the
water boundary . The part that is moving in-out of the boundary is a small
C-terminal tail that is just dangling. I compared my data from 60 ns and 80
ns (with iwrap) and they are very close. SO I don't think that mattered a
lot.

Do you suggest running simulation again without iwrap? I need to publish
this data and I don't want any doubts on the simulation part. Please
suggest anything!

RT