[AMBER] clustering with ptraj

From: Francesco Gentile <fgentile.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 18:08:37 -0600

Hello everyone,
I am trying to perform clustering of MD trajectories using ptraj. I am
measuring the DBI and the SSR/SST by varying the number of clusters from 1
to 200. I tried two things that seems (at least to me) the same but I got
completely different results:
and ions, rms fitting to all the backbone atoms and then clustering in the
same ptraj input file. This leads to an optimal value (by combining a DBI
local minimum and the elbow criterion to the ratio) of 116 cluster.
writing out a fitted trajectory in one file. Loading the fitted one and
clustering in another one. This save of course time but gives a different
result, with DBI values exceptionally low (starting at 0.15 and going down
to 0.06 in the minimum).

Does anyone have a clue about that? I though that both methods were the
same but it seems like it is not like this. Best regards

--
Francesco Gentile
PhD Student, Biophysics