Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA doubt

From: Mary Varughese <maryvj1985.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 09:56:46 +0530

Sir,

I am attaching herewith the output i got from single trajectory approach:
Here deltaG(= -15.91-(-22.43=6.52 a +ve value). As you could see especially
entropy varies much. Taking an average value does'nt seem to be ideal.

And i need to clear one thing about multiple trajectory.
step 1: run three long separate trajectories say a 50 ns each.
step 2:................
          doubt : usually in single trajectory approach if we create say 3
snapshots;

                       rec1: lig1: cmplx1==> deltaPB1 and TdeltaS1
                       rec2: lig2: cmplx2==> deltaPB2 and TdeltaS2
                       rec3: lig3: cmplx3==> deltaPB3 and TdeltaS3

PB total= average(PB1,PB2,PB3); TdeltaS total= average(TS1,TS2,TS3);There
is a correspondence between rec, lig and cmplx

In multiple trajectories there is nothing, I may never get a
correspondence.
I must be missing something in the way doing multiple trajectory approach.
It should be like Find the energy of rec, lig and cmplx for each
trajectory(for the full length of simulation) separately and then find the
difference at the end only. Isnt?
I really dont understand the logic in there.

I feel the ligand do bind favorably (experimentally also) but i am not
getting a favorable value because the flexible chain of the ligand is
moving too much resulting in the varying TdeltaS.

Should i run a long multiple trajectory and do the calculation again.?

Thanking you for the replies