Re: [AMBER] Units in dist_vs_t file from SMD simulation

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.ufl.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 19:33:03 -0400

Hi Collin

Indeed, the third column is force (vs t). The units are neither kcal/mol
nor piconewtons.

kcal/mol is a unit of energy not force.

The correct units are (kcal/mol)/Angstrom

On 5/6/16 5:08 PM, Nisler, Collin R. wrote:
> Hello, I ran a steered molecular dynamics simulation using jar=1, and now have the dist_vs_t file. I am fairly certain that the third column of this file is the force of pulling at each step, but I am uncertain what its units are. Is this in kcal/mol, or in piconewtons? Thanks very much.
>

> Collin Nisler

Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
University of Florida Research Foundation Professor.
Department of Chemistry
University of Florida
roitberg.ufl.edu
352-392-6972