[AMBER] Problems with cpinutil.py in CpHMD as adding a new titratable ligand

From: Yong Wang <wyongciac.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 22:43:20 +0200

Hi,

I want to titrate a ligand in complex with a protein. By following the
section of "Extending constant pH to additional titratable groups" in
Amber15 manual, I tried to prepare the parameters for Amber14. Now I
already got the reference pKa, partial charges and reference energy (using
TI). Then I added the parameters to the file of
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/etc/cpinutils/residues.py.

But I encountered a problem with cpinutil.py (python
~/software/amber14/bin/cpinutil.py
--describe) to prepare the cpin file. The errors are pasted as below:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "amber14/bin/cpinutil.py", line 11, in <module>

    from chemistry.amber import titratable_residues as residues

  File
"amber14/lib/python2.7/site-packages/chemistry/amber/titratable_residues.py",
line 853

    XXX = TitratableResidue('XXX', ['C13','H1', 'C17','H2', 'H3',
'C02','N01','H4',

      ^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax
By the way, I noticed that in Amber16 manual (In page 447), it suggests to
add the parameters to a different file:

 $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/parmed/parmed/amber/titratable_residues.py
Could anyone comment on this and give me a hand to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Yong