Re: [AMBER] non zero net charge on molecule from AM1-BCC charge parameter fit

From: conor parks <coparks2012.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 15:54:29 -0400

Thanks thomas,

I would like to clarify what you mean by smearing. If my net charge is
-0.001e, and I want to smear them onto the methyl hydrogens, am I correct
in assuming you mean subtract -0.001/3 from the charges on the methyl
hydrogens? Is there any way to determine if its better to smear onto the
methyl hydrogens or the HO hydrogen?

Regards,

Conor Parks
B.S.E in Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2012
PhD candidate in Chemical Engineering, Purdue University