[AMBER] DFTB convergence

From: Jacopo Sgrignani <sgrigna.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 21:23:17 +0200

Dear all
I'm new to DFTB and I'm trying to run some QM/MM MD using this level of
theory for the QM region.
However, while with Am1/d the calculation run and the geometry of the
system appears to be reasonable for tens of ps, with DFTB the wavefunction
does not converge.
In particular I get this error:

  QMMM SCC-DFTB: ***************************************************

  QMMM SCC-DFTB: ERROR ON EWEVGE (Eigenvalue solver).

  QMMM SCC-DFTB: ewevge: ier = 169 inner_scf_count= 70

  QMMM SCC-DFTB: ***************************************************

 QMMM SCC-DFTB: Convergence could not be achieved in this step.

 QMMM SCC-DFTB: The calculation will continue, but energies and

 QMMM SCC-DFTB: forces for this step will not be accurate.

 QMMM SCC-DFTB: SCC-DFTB FOR STEP 1 DID NOT CONVERGE AFTER *** cycles.

I downloaded the ob3 parameters from DFTB.org, however I'm not sure that
amber can correctly handle DFTB3.

Can somebody help me in finding the reasons of this behaviour?

thanks

Jacopo