Re: [AMBER] help identifying dihedral parameters for paracetemol using Antechamber

From: conor parks <coparks2012.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 11:51:06 -0400

Thank you so much for your help, everyone. I am almost there.

Just to make sure I understand, for dihedral angles that have two sets of
parameters, the dihedral angle is calculated once, and the energy and force
is calculated using each separate pair of parameters, and the total force
and energy is summed over the two parameter set calculations?

Thank you for pointing out the "hc-c3-c -o" and "hn-n-c -o" parameters.
There was a reason I could not find them myself when looking through the
file, and maybe you can clear this up for me. The gaff.dat file lists the
following values for those dihedral parameters

hc-c3-c -o 1 0.80 0.0 -1
hc-c3-c -o 1 0.08 180.0 3

hn-n-c -o 1 2.50 180.0 -2
hn-n-c -o 1 2.0 0.0 1

However, in my prmtop file (values given in first email in this chain), the
periodicity values are given as 1 and 2 (no negative sign). What happened
to the negative sign on these periodicity values in my prmtop file?

Regards,

Conor Parks
B.S.E in Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan, 2012
PhD candidate in Chemical Engineering, Purdue University