[AMBER] Building Cyclic Peptide in xleap

From: Maral Aminpour <aminpour.ualberta.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 14:55:19 -0600

Hello everyone,

I am trying to make a cyclic peptide (CYS LYS LEU … MET CYS) where there is a disulphide bond between S of the CYS residues at both ends. This is how I proceed.

1. I copied leaprc.ff12SB to my working directory and I excluded these lines from addPdbResMap { part of it:
 # { 0 "CYX" "NCYX" } { 1 "CYX" "CCYX" }:

2. I make the peptide with this command. I change CYS to CYX since we need to remove one H from each S in the CYS to make the disulphide bond possible.
peptide = sequence { CYX LYS LEU … MET CYX }

3. Then I manually make the bond between the S of the two CYS residues.
bond peptide.1.SG peptide.9.SG

4. After edit in the xleap this is what I got (please check the figure attached).

Could you please help me to make this cyclic peptide properly?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Maral