[AMBER] GeForce GTX 960 ?

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 17:51:43 +0200

Hi all,

In one our PC-lab were upgraded 3 computers (including GPUs) unfortunately
without noticing me, so the new GPUs are there GeForce GTX 960.

I am using there Amber14 (actual).

When I tried to run it on one of those 3 upgraded machines I have obtained
error :

"cudaMemcpyToSymbol: SetSim copy to cSim failed invalid device symbol"

On this machine we have:

  Driver Version: 346.47
  Cuda compilation tools, release 5.5, V5.5.0

Amber was compiled on machine with:

Driver Version: 319.37
Cuda compilation tools, release 5.5, V5.5.0

Before I try to complie Amber directly on machine with GTX 960
(which in my opinion will not help) I would like to ask if anybody
has experience with Amber calculation using this GPU and eventually
which Cuda version/driver he is using.

It is true, that "GeForce GTX 960" is not explicitly listed in
Amber GPU www page ( http://ambermd.org/gpus/#supported_gpus ), on the
other hand there
is written that in Amber14 was added "Support for latest generation
Maxwell GPUs (GTX9XX, GTX-Titan-X)"

So I am not sure if GTX 960 is here. Please let me know if there is chance
to use "GeForce GTX 960" for Amber14 calculations.

   Thank you in advance,

       Baest wishes,

          Marek

http://www.opera.com/mail/