Re: [AMBER] problem in 3DRISM convergence

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 08:17:23 -0400

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016, ATUL KUMAR wrote:

> *ERROR> RXRISM: reached limit # of relaxation steps: 10000STOP 1*

Convergence problems with 3D-RISM are (unfortunately) not all that rare. But
we would need to see the actual calculation you are doing before being able to
offer any suggestions.

> 1. How to run 3DRISM calculations using *rism3d.snglpnt.nab* file. And

There is a section in the manual on rism3d.snglpnt; or you can just type
"rism3d.snglpnt" at the command line (if you have $AMBERHOME/bin in your
PATH), and a short description of all the options will be printed.

Please try to ask specific questions: there is no point in me repeating here
what is already in the manual. But if you have questions about particular
options, we can try to help.

> 2. How can we *control input parameters for 3DRISM calculations* as we can
> do for 1DRISM calculation.

See above. The key items for convergence are mdiis_del, mdiis_restart and
mdiis_nvec.

....dac