[AMBER] clustering

From: waleed zalloum <waleed_zalloum.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 18:14:33 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Dan,
Thank you for your reply regardingthe clustering problem. I tried the autoimage command with different anchor moleculesof my system according to your suggestion. I got the same situation, goodprotein rms and the cofactor moving in the active site. The following are my commandsfor cpptraj:
Autoimage
rms first mass :1-801&!.H=

cluster C1 hieragglo crdsetall-trajectories epsilon 5 averagelinkage rms :1-801&!.H= sieve 10 outcnumvtime summary summaryfile info infofile clusterout clus clusterfmt amberrepout repclus repfmt pdb cpopvtime population normframe

 I tried all the following separately:
1.       Increase and decrease the epsilon value
2.       Use average-linkage and complete linkage
3.       rms only on protein, and then nofit in the cluster command
4.       I tried rms at the cofactor and then nofit in the clustering
5.       After running number 4 above, I re-clustered (based on thecofactor)the most populated cluster as follow, with nofit:
cluster C1 hieragglo :801 crdsetall-trajectories epsilon 6 complete rms nofit sieve 10 out cnumvtime summarysummaryfile info infofile clusterout clus clusterfmt amber repout repclusrepfmt pdb cpopvtime population normframe
After the second cluster I havegot 974 clusters.
Do you have any explanation whatis happening with my system. Please, do you have any suggestions to analyse mysystem

Thank you, indeed

Waleed

 ======================================== Waleed A. Zalloum, BSc, MSc, PhD, MRSC, ACSAssistant professor of medicinal chemistry and drug discovery- Structural biology American University of Madaba Amman-Jordan E-mail: waleed_zalloum.yahoo.com========================================