Re: [AMBER] General Type Improper Dihedrals vs. Specifics

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 17:50:37 -0400

Hi Robert,

I too am continuing my education in the Amber file conventions so I'm eager
to read what others have to say. It would be helpful to know what the
system is, and what program you're applying. I just finished with a big
overhaul of the interpretations in impropers an other dihedrals in my own
program--the wildcards are tricky, but I'm taking X to mean wildcard at
face value.

My interpretation is that X matches anything and, because X cannot be
ordered alphabetically in improper dihedrals, X-X-CT-HC could then match
any improper dihedral with CT as the central atom and containing an HC as
one of the three other atoms. Can anyone comment on the validity of this
(and also speak to Robert's question, I don't mean to hijack his thread)?

Dave