Re: [AMBER] Convergence problem with the SCC-DFTB example.

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 11:21:29 -0300

Hi Jinfeng,

Sorry it took me longer to respond bet in case you still have the question, here it goes:

> Em 25 de mar de 2016, à(s) 11:55, Jinfeng Huang <wwsshhjjff00.163.com> escreveu:
>
> Dear Gustavo Seabra, Thanks for your replying.
> - My operate system is Ubuntu 10.10.
> -The parameters I use are from the dftb official website is 3ob (DFTB3 files for bio and organic molecules).

The 3ob parameters are *NOT* compatible with the SCC-DFTB conde in Amber. Those are for the 3rd-order DFTB code, which is available in the DFTB+ program.

For the parameters compatible with the SCC-DFTB code in Amber, please use the “mio” parameter set, and parameters compatible with it. The Amber tests were made with the “vanilla” mio set.

Best regards,
Gustavo.