Re: [AMBER] General question

From: Charles Lin <clin92.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 05:57:17 +0000

You print out a restart file with your simulation. Simply replace the file name you're using for the coordinate flag (-c) with your restart file (.rst or whatever you put for the restart flag (-r) in your old simulation), and your simulation will continue off from whenever that restart file was made.

Ex: $ sander -O -i 03_Heat2.in -o 03_Heat2.out -p DOPC_128.prmtop -c 02_Heat.rst -r 03_Heat.rst -ref 02_Heat.rst -x 03_Heat.nc

My coordinate file in this case is 02_Heat.rst and I'm making a restart file with the name 03_Heat.rst. You're .in file you can set the frequency at which you output a set of a restart coordinates.

Be sure to set ntx=5 and irest=1 in your input (.in) file so that it reads the velocities from your restart file. And you can use ntwr to set how often the restart file is written.

Charlie