Re: [AMBER] General question

From: Sreemol G <sreemolinfo.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 17:05:01 +0530

Operating system : Fedora 22 (64 bit) system.
compiler : gnu - 5.3.1
These are the steps i have used to install ambertools
 tar xvfj AmberTools15.tar.bz2
export AMBERHOME=/home/kronos/newamber/amber14
sudo apt-get install csh flex gfortran g++ xorg-dev zlib1g-dev libbz2-dev
patch python-tk python-matplotlib
sudo yum install gcc gcc-gfortran gcc-c++ flex tcsh zlib-devel
bzip2-devel libXt-devel libXext-devel libXdmcp-devel python-devel tkinter
        numpy scipy python-matplotlib openmpi openmpi-devel perl
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker patch bison
cd $AMBERHOME
./configure -mpi gnu

 output from configure:

"Checking for updates...
Checking for available patches online. This may take a few seconds...

Available AmberTools 15 patches:

update.1 (modifies MMPBSA.py, ParmEd, cpptraj)
update.2 (modifies AmberTools, CUDA)
update.3 (modifies nab, sff)
update.4 (modifies Leap, Lipid14, force, field)
update.5 (modifies ParmEd)
update.6 (modifies pmemd.cuda)

There are patches available. Do you want to apply them now? [y/N]
(Recommended Y)
NOT updating your tree and continuing anyway.
Searching for python2... Found python2.7: /usr/bin/python2.7

Obtaining the gnu compiler suite versions, e.g.:
     gcc -v
The C version is 5.3.1
The Fortran version is 5.3.1

Testing the gcc compiler:
     gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o testp testp.c
OK

Testing the g++ compiler:
     g++ -fPIC -o testp testp.cpp
OK

Testing the gfortran compiler:
     gfortran -fPIC -O0 -o testp testp.f
OK

Testing mixed C/Fortran compilation:
     gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -c -o testp.c.o
testp.c
     gfortran -fPIC -O0 -c -o testp.f.o testp.f
     gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o testp
testp.c.o testp.f.o -lgfortran -w
OK

Testing pointer size:
     gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -o
test_pointer_size test_pointer_size.c
Detected 64 bit operating system.

Testing flex: OK

Checking NetCDF...
Using bundled NetCDF library.
Starting NetCDF build.
Configuring NetCDF C interface (may be time-consuming)...
Compiling the NetCDF C interface (may be time-consuming)...
Configuring NetCDF Fortran interface (may be time-consuming)...
Compiling the NetCDF Fortran interface (may be time-consuming)...
NetCDF build succeeded.

Checking for zlib:
     gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DBINTRAJ -lz -o
testp testp.c
OK

Checking for libbz2:
     gcc -fPIC -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DBINTRAJ -DHASGZ
 -lbz2 -o testp testp.c
OK

Configuring fftw-3.3 (may be time-consuming)...

Error: FFTW configure returned 1
       FFTW configure failed! Check the fftw3_config.log file
       in the /home/kronos/sim/amber14/AmberTools/src directory.
Configure failed due to the errors above!"

I checked "fftw3_config.log" file. It is showing (last few lines)

"checking for mpicc... no
checking for hcc... no
checking for mpcc... no
checking for mpcc_r... no
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for cmpicc... no
checking for MPI_Init... no
checking for MPI_Init in -lmpi... no
checking for MPI_Init in -lmpich... no
configure: error: could not find mpi library for --enable-mpi"

my system has mpi/openmpi-x86_64 installed in it.