Re: [AMBER] Introducing the exciting next step in MD software development

From: Chris Moth <cmoth08.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 08:20:34 -0500

I hear you - and GO could have a place. But, at Vanderbilt, we are seeing
10E23 speedups in MD using quantum computing algorithms running inside our
NMR tubes.

This approach is that it solves the sampling problem - and we know all
possible protein/ligand conformations and bound/intermediate states, etc in
these simulations.

Unfortunately, there is no way yet to transfer the outputs back to our
legacy systems for cpptraj analysis - and we find ourselves staring
wistfully at the tubes, only able to report in the literature the relative
clarity of the solvent used. Maybe GO will be the bridge we have been
looking for. Thanks for the report.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_magnetic_resonance_quantum_computer