[AMBER] AT_15 install/osx notes, xleap deselect not working

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 18:27:08 -0700

I installed ambertools 1.5 on OSX to avoid doing my taxes. Thanks to an
OSX upgrade, my delaying tactic was effective - who would have thought
I'd need to uninstall/rebuild/reinstall all my ports just to get
gfortran, and that I'd have to fix two broken upgrade steps, and
research/hack a lib soft link to restore gimp happiness along the way?
Why should the registry be locked when building a package? Nice to see
the osx UI still functions ok while CPU pegged building things, at least.

Here are notes on the Amber part of the install, which went smoothly
(writing as the creator of the first Amber release package that wasn't a
copy of the shared source tree on a DEC VMS machine). Aside from my
xleap problem, my only complaint is that I had to install fortran when I
don't expect to use any fortran progs.

-- http://ambermd.org/AmberTools15-get.html

It would be nice to quote the appropriate tar command on this page,
since I haven't dealt with a .tar.bz2 file before. Admittedly 'tar tf
AmberTools15.tar.bz2' just works on OSX, but still, I took some time to
search for the right command.

-- extracted dir is amber14, not amber15

README also says amber14, including license claim.

-- configure gnu

It would be nice if there was an option to skip the fortran programs.

-- xleap

Edit: couldn't deselect selected atoms. Would be nice to have popup help
for the edit window controls, and an Edit dropdown cmd to deselect when
there is os-specific breakage of these instructions: " If you played
with selecting atoms using the left mouse button you can deselect a
region by holding down the/Shift/key while drawing the selection
rectangle. To select everything, double click the LEFT button (and to
deselect, do the same while holding down the/Shift/key)."
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/basic/tutorial1/section2.htm and similar
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial1/section3.htm

Nothing from google "xleap can't deselect atoms".

Thanks,
Bill