Re: [AMBER] On alphabetizing impropers

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 12:24:30 -0700

David, why does the order matter, aside from consistency, as long as the
function is planar, and possibly the central atom is in position 2 or 3?
My impression is that if you randomly assigned atoms for each improper
and ran a long enough simulation, the ensembles would converge. (Bearing
in mind that impropers seem like a somewhat hacky way of enforcing
planarity in the first place.)

Regards,
Bill