Re: [AMBER] Calculating pair-wise interaction energy using MMPBSA for Gromacs files

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 08:30:31 -0600

Hi,

Cpptraj doesn't currently handle the '.xtc' format (on the ToDo list)
but it will read PDB files just fine. You could concatenate your PDB
files using cpptraj into a format that mmpbsa.py will understand, like
NetCDF, e.g.:

parm frame1.pdb
trajin frame1.pdb
trajin frame2.pdb
trajin frameX.pdb
trajout AllFrames.nc

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Suchetana Gupta <tutulg.gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear AMBER Users
> I have a set of simulations performed using Gromacs. My trajectory is in
> the .xtc format and topology is in .tpr format. The entire trajectory is
> also present in PDB format. I want to calculate pairwise interaction energy
> using MMPBSA. How can I go about it?
> (I have used g_mmpbsa in Gromacs; however, pairwise decomposition is not
> possible to give a n*n matrix of energy values)
> Thanks in advance for the help.
> Regards
> Suchetana Gupta
> PhD Scholar