Re: [AMBER] calculate free energy binding in presence of ions witn mmpbsa

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:25:33 +0100

You could have a look at the conversation that I've been having with Tyler
and Dave about using 3D RISM for this kind of thing:
http://archive.ambermd.org/201602/0009.html (your case is simpler than
mine, in that you are changing ionic species but not pH as far as I
understand)

also you could consider the EMIL method, which would be valuable in the
case that you expect some changes to conformation or dynamics of the solute
as well as just altering the solvation energy via the electrostatics.

tutorial:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial19/

salt-driven phase transition in DNA:
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ct3005968