Re: [AMBER] problem running MD for diphosphoric acid anion

From: Nhai <nhai.qn.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 01:58:32 -0600

I dont know what's wrong with your email but you should be very seriously check your email setting or whatever proper way to reply. This is the 3rd time you send identical question and you even quoted Ross' reply.

Hai

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 1:36 AM, necmettin pirinccioglu <pirincn.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear All,
> I have been running MD for diphosphoric acid anion with the following input
> but I get the error message below. Helps will be welcomed!
>
> INPUT
> &cntrl
> imin=0, irest=1, ntx=5,
> nstlim=250000, dt=0.002,
> ntc=4, ntf=4,
> ntt=1, tautp=0.5,
> tempi=600.0, temp0=600.0,
> ntpr=500, ntwx=500,
> ntb=0, igb=0,
> cut=999
> /
>
> ERROR MESSAGE!!!
> ------------------------------
> ---------------------
> | Local SIZE OF NONBOND LIST = 1
> | TOTAL SIZE OF NONBOND LIST = 1
> vlimit exceeded for step 369; vmax = 22.0998
> vlimit exceeded for step 373; vmax = 54.3352
>
> Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
> deviation is too large
> NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are : 0 0 1 1 2
>
> --
> Necmettin Pirinccioglu (BSc, PhD)
> Department of Chemistry
> University of Dicle
> 21280 Diyarbakir
> TURKEY

> Hi Necmettin,
>
> A few notes here. Firstly it is best to run a small number of steps say
> nstlim=500 with ntwx and ntpr = 1. That way you can see in detail what is
> going wrong and visualize the trajectory.
>
> Also, tempi=600 is hot - that may causes issues - especially if your system
> is not well equilibrated first.
>
> Finally ntc=4, ntf=4 - I have no idea if this works / gives you a stable
> potential function. I would not recommend going above ntf=2,ntc=2 for
> anything other than debugging.
>
> If changing to ntc=2,ntf=2 does not fix things then look carefully at your
> structure - it may not be well enough minimized, it may have structural
> deficiencies etc. Visualizing for and ntwx=1 run will help here.
>
> The parameters may also be suspect since this is not a regular amino /
> nucleic acid - where did you get the parameters from?
>
> All the best
> Ross
>
> Dear Ross, thanks for your kind reply. well firstly i did try with
> ntf=2,ntc=2 (the number 4 is for my last try) and secondly i have employed
> a shorter period. the trajectories indicate that the structure collapses
> and the mds are ended with the error after a while. please find the md
> trajectories as attached. I have done these calculations even at 700 K but
> it worked fine with other small molecules. but i have just got this with
> phosphoric acid. GAFF parameters were applied for the calculations... best
> [...]
>>> nstlim=250000, dt=0.002,
>>> ntc=4, ntf=4,
>>> ntt=1, tautp=0.5,
>>> tempi=600.0, temp0=600.0,