[AMBER] Lifetime analysis of backbone hydrogen bonds

From: Krantzman, Kristin D <KrantzmanK.cofc.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:28:55 +0000

Greetings!
I am using cpptraj to perform lifetime analysis of the backbond hydrogen bonds in a polypeptide.
I am confused about some of the information produced in the output files.
I first execute the command:
hbond Backbone :1-22.C,O,N,H avgout BB.avg.dat series uuseries bbhond.gnu
and run.
Then I execute the commands:
lifetime Backbone[solutehb] out backbone.lifetime.dat
runanalysis.
There are 20,000 frames in my trajectory file.

Two files are generated.
The first file called backbone.lifetime.dat has 60 sets, i.e. 60 hydrogen bonds.
I am not sure what the items are in Nlifetime, MaxLT, AvgLT and TotFrames. I
The second file called crv.backbone.lifetime.dat
has 26 frames with 60 curves.
I have read the information in the Amber15 manual, but I am still not understanding exactly what the information means.
If you have any guidance or suggest a reference that I could read, I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!
Best, Kristin D. Krantzman