Re: [AMBER] RMSD too high after simulation

From: Arati Paudyal <apsilwal123.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 21:07:23 -0500

Thank you for your reply.

Basically I have two proteins in complex. One is 59 aa long and the other
one is 179 aa long. The crystal structure of the complex is available. I
did the following procedure for simulations:

Minimize with restraints (solute fixed):

&cntrl
imin=1,
maxcyc=10000,
ncyc=5000,
ntx=1
ntb=1,
ntr=1,
ntpr=1000,
ntwx=0,
cut=10.0,
 /
Hold the solute fixed
50.0
RES 1 238
END

Minimize the whole system (no restraints):
&cntrl
  imin=1,
  maxcyc=10000,
  ncyc=5000,
  ntr=0,
  ntb=1
  ntpr=100,
  ntwx=0,
  cut=10.0,
 /

Heating:

Heat
 &cntrl
  imin=0,
  ntx=1,
  ntxo=2,
  ioutfm=1,
  irest=0,
  nstlim=500000,
  dt=0.002,
  ntf=2,
  ntc=2,
  tempi=0.0,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntpr=1000,
  ntwx=1000,
  ntwr=10000,
  cut=10.0,
  ntb=1,
  ntp=0,
  ntr=0,
  ntt=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  ig=-1,
 /
&wt TYPE='TEMP0', istep1=0, istep2=500000,
  value1=0.1 value2=300.0, /
 &wt TYPE='END' /

Production:

 &cntrl
  imin=0,
  irest=1,
  ntx=5,
  ntxo=2,
  ioutfm=1,
  nstlim=30000000,
  dt=0.002,
  ntf=2,
  ntc=2,
  temp0=300.0,
  ntpr=1000,
  ntwx=10000,
  ntwr=10000,
  cut=10.0,
  ntb=2,
  pres0=1.0
  ntp=1,
  taup=2.0
  ntr=0,
  ntt=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  ig=-1,
 /

I am looking for some papers as per your suggestion but Does anything
stands out to you that I may have been missing here that might be causing
RMSD fluctuation?

Thanks again for your time and concern!!!